Massachusetts’ fastest growing chamber is looking for an outgoing, people-loving, professional to fill our Member Services Manager position. This is a great opportunity for someone with interest in customer service, communications, marketing and sales to help manage our busy office and assist with our robust offerings of programs, events and services designed to promote the economic and cultural vitality of our region.
You will be responsible for customer service and audience engagement with our membership of over 700 area businesses and nonprofit organizations. You’d be the first point of contact in the chamber’s busy office and at many of our events. In addition to administrative duties, you will help new and future members navigate a wide variety of benefits, networking opportunities and other chamber programs. Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to: general office admin, answering phones and email, managing the chamber’s social media and web presence, database management and assisting with the planning and execution of chamber’s popular programs and events.
We’re a small – but very busy – team so a successful candidate must be a master of multitasking and organization. Ability to prioritize, follow directions, think creatively and cheerfully interact with business professionals, executives, elected leaders and volunteers is essential. Excellent writing, interpersonal and computer skills are needed as is comfort with social media. Most of your work week will occur during normal business hours, however several times each month you must also be available to work early weekday mornings and/or weekday evenings. Access to a vehicle is essential.
Attributes and skills:
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Proactive and responsive
- Social media savvy
- Computer skills: email and database management
- Customer service or sales experience (even if it's waitressing or bartending)
- Also helpful: Marketing or communications background, sales experience, familiarity with Newton/Needham, interest in economic development & entrepreneurship.
Responsibilities and Goals:
- Driving member engagement and retention through great customer service; helping members navigate member portal; insuring chamber website it up to date; creative use of social media to engage current and future members
- Managing our small but busy office, keeping things neat, orderly and well stocked
- Event support: Assisting with execution of chamber events; helping to set up and assist with registration; being comfortable describing and promoting chamber programs/ events to members and prospects.
- Supporting membership: accurately describing and promoting the value of chamber membership to prospective members, keen understanding of chamber master system and benefits,
- Keeping up to date: invoicing, monthly billing
- Committee liaison - attend, take notes and support one or more chamber committees at monthly meetings.
To apply: Email cover letter and resume to Chamber President Greg Reibman at firstname.lastname@example.org