Posted on Nov 11, 2012 | 0 comments
A new group, called the Newton Highlands Village Merchants Coalition, has put together a full schedule of holiday events, culminating with a tree lighting and candlelight holiday sing-along at 7 p.m.
Here’s a sample of the happenings:
- Green Planet Kids: visit with Santa from 6-8 p.m. $10 gift certificates to the first 50 families who stop in starting at 6 pm. Crafts for Kids on the 2nd Level.
- Newton House of Pizza : 99 cent slices from 5 to 9 pm
- Village Kids $10.00 gift certificates for the first 50 families who come in starting at 6 pm 20% off all Ugg Boots
- Bread & Chocolate Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup Social to benefit the Newton Food Pantry. Donate one can and get a soup & sandwich supper for only $5. Donate $5 cans and get your supper for free! Or pre-purchase an $8 ticket and $3 will be donated to the food pantry.
- Indulge Candy contest. Two winners will go home with a fun Candy Bar Centerpiece.
- Davis Salon $20 Wash and Blow Drys from 5 to 8 pm.
- Limited Editions Wine and cheese and a Harbor Sweets tasting. Enter to win a $50 gift certificate.
- 51 Lincoln Free hot mulled cider to keep you warm while you stroll the Village.
- Marcia & Bea Antiques Cider and cookies plus 15% off any purchase.
- Skin Innovations Skin Care & Spa A complementary mini makeover and take 20% off any purchase.
- Town Cleaners Effie’s homemade Baklava and pick up a 20% off coupon for dry- cleaning and tailoring.
- Keller Williams Realty Cider and the use of our restroom facilities during
- Walnut Market A wine & beer tasting plus a free bottle of wine to the first 50 households starting at 6 pm
- Lincoln Street Coffee Free mini hot chocolate for all kids!
- Salon Capri Champagne, cookies and a raffle
- One Stop Cleaners Pick up a discount coupon for a future dry cleaning.
- Indalo Gallery & Studio Drop in and learn how to create a beaded snowflake ornament.
In addition the Newton-Needham Chamber of Commerce is inviting residents to gather in the plaza at 6:15 in front of Bread & Chocolate for a “cash mob.” Similar to “flash mobs,” a “cash mob” is an event where a group of people gather together but instead of singing a song or doing a dance, they agree to spend some money.
In this case, we’ll meet at 6:15 p.m. , hand out free “Shop Local” shopping bags and then encourage attendees to spend $10 (or more) at any store, restaurant or service business along Lincoln or Walnut Streets. After exploring and shopping for 45 minutes, we’re inviting participants to regroup for the sing-along.
As you know, our local merchants give so much to our community all year long, in the form of gifts cards and donations to local charities and school groups. This is a chance for us to give back and enjoy a festive evening at the same time.