Posted on Jun 3, 2013 | 0 comments
The Newton-Needham Chamber of Commerce is looking for an enthusiastic, people-loving, professional to serve as the chamber’s Membership Director. The director is responsible for all aspects of membership recruitment, retention and participation at chamber events. The ideal candidate will have a sales and/or marketing background, strong interpersonal skills, comfort with networking and social media, an ability to make lasting connections and want to be part of a growing professional organization.
This is a base salary position with significant commission and career building opportunities.
The Newton-Needham Chamber is a busy not-for-profit organization with a robust menu of programs, events and services. We have a small staff but a large, committed, volunteer corps. Everyone on our team must be open to participating in all aspects of the chamber’s daily operation. We’re actively looking to modernize the chamber member experience to align with current business trends and this is your chance to be part of this transformation.
Reports to: President
The Director of Membership is a dynamic, outgoing individual with excellent skills in relationship building, sales, marketing, organization and volunteer management. The Director is responsible for all aspects of membership recruitment, retention and participation in the chamber. The small office environment requires a person able to work well with others and willing to assist in all aspects of the organization’s mission.
1. Recruitment and Retention
- Sells memberships personally, as well as manages all sales by volunteers and other staff.
- Creates and executes a membership marketing strategy to increase membership revenue.
- Designs, executes and oversees an annual recruitment campaign(s).
- Creates, implements and manages all items relating to chambers dues revenue.
- Analyze and interpret needs of the members and recommend revisions in programs, services and member benefits that will add value to the membership.
- Develops and maintains a prospective member database.
- Creates and manages a member retention plan including a 1st year member program.
2. Motivation of volunteers
- Actively participates on our Ambassador and Membership committees.
- Motivates and inspires volunteers.
- Ensures appropriate volunteer recognition.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with all committees.
3. Financial management/recordkeeping
- Ensures that all members are invoiced and paid at the appropriate times.
- Assists in establishing monthly and annual performance goals using researched best practices and benchmarks for retention and recruitment.
- Protects the confidentiality of chambers membership income.
- Contacts all delinquent members personally.
- Creates and presents to the board a monthly membership report.
- Operates within the budget presented and adopted by the board.
- Performs annual membership evaluation, analyze and recommends necessary membership structure including: billing cycle, investments dues, employee counts, etc.
- Supervises and maintains all membership records
- Maintain copies of all contracts, invoices, receipts, etc. for items relating to membership.
- Ensure a high degree of visibility within the communities and among members.
- Responsible for creation of all membership and sales marketing and promotional pieces.
- Serves on appropriate community committees as approved by the president.
- Attends and assists at all chamber events and relevant committee meetings.
- Attend board meetings when requested to ensure a well informed board.
- Contributes content and helps manage chamber website and social media channels.
- Assists with general office operations as needed.
5. Performs other tasks as directed by the president.
To apply send cover letter and resume to :
Newton-Needham Chamber of Commerce
281 Needham Street
Newton, Ma 02464