Needham’s Select Board today announced Dine Around Needham, a Progressive Dinner Party to support Needham’s restaurant community and give residents the chance to discover new dishes or indulge in some of their favorites from many local establishments.
Dine Around Needham will be held Wed. Aug. 19 from 6-9 p.m. Restaurant-goers are invited to choose appetizers, entrees and desserts or drinks from specially curated menus from participating restaurants. Diners are encouraged to dine al fresco at the restaurants themselves or at any of the picnic tables placed around Town.
The rain date for this event will be held Wed. Aug. 26 from 6-9 pm.
“The Town is fully committed to supporting our businesses and finding creative ways to help them during these challenging times,” said Select Board member Marianne Cooley. “Dine Around Needham is a fun way to showcase the many delicious offerings our restaurants feature while giving residents the opportunity to enjoy a fun and delicious -- and distanced! -- night out.”
All food items offered are available for takeout.
Initial Restaurant Lineup
- Appetizer: Brussels & burrata
- Entrée: Tagliatelle Bolognese
- Dessert: White Chocolate Bread Pudding
Cook – 109 Chapel Street, www.cookneedham.com
- Buffalo Cauliflower Taco-sriracha-ranch, pickled veggies$6
- Beet Salad-salt roasted beets, goat cheese, walnuts, toasted sourdough crumbs, greens, white balsamic $8
- Entree: Shrimp Scampi-house made pasta, lemon, garlic, chilies $16
- Dessert: S’mores Tart- $6
Hearth – 974 Great Plain Ave., Hearthpizzeria.com
- Appetizer: Meatball poppers – Stuffed meat balls with mozzarella and served with a spa ivy tomato sauce
- Salad: Watermelon salad – Mixed greens, feta cheese, watermelon red onion and balsamic glaze.
- Entrée: Mozzarella and corn pizza – Home grown volante farm corn, sliced tomatoes from our garden, spicy tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella and basil
Three courses for $30
Latina Kitchen – 30 Dedham Ave., Latinakitchenbar.com
- Appetizer: Empanadas– meat or vegetable filling, trio of salsas
- Entrée: Ahi Tuna Tacos – seared ahi tuna, crispy corn tortilla, slaw, salsa verde, aji rocoto aioli, shoestring onion rings
- Dessert – Venezuelan style flan, rum caramel sauce
Three courses for $29
Pancho’s Taqueria – 1450 Highland Ave., www.panchostaqueria.com
- Appetizers: Elote (corn on the cob), $3.70
- Pancho’s salad, $7.75 (add optional protein)
- Enchiladas, $9.10
- Drink: House Margarita, $4.99
Rice Barn – 1037 Great Plain Ave., www.thericebarn.net
- Fresh Roll – Delicate rice paper filled with Thai basil, mixed green, avocado, with shrimp or tofu.Served with Fresh Roll sauce (but served with sweet sauce or peanut sauce when requested as a gluten free dish).$10.50
- Roti Canai -Pan fried Malaysian crepes, sliced and served with chicken curry gravy. $16
- Peking duck wrap- Slices of roasted duck, julienned cucumbers, and scallions rolled up in Malaysian crepe wrapper.$16
- Entrée: Spicy Basil Noodles (another name: Drunken Noodles) – Wok stir-fried wide rice noodles with bell peppers, sweet basil and onion.Chicken or tofu: $12; shrimp: $15
- Free Drink: Thai Ice Tea – A 16 oz cup Thai tea, with ice and cream.Free of charge when ordered with any dish above on this occasion.
Sweet Basil – 942 Great Plain Ave., www.sweetbasilneedham.com
- Chick Pea Fries with Chipotle Aoli.=, $6
- Coconut Curry Soup with pulled Chicken, $8
- Entree: Wild Mushroom and Soy Braised Shortribs with house made Ramen Noodles, $16
- Dessert: Cheesecake with a fruit compote, $6